Medical lab Technology
Medical Laboratory Technology is a health profession which involves the diagnosis of diseases through the use of clinical laboratory tests. With accurate results doctors can detect, diagnose and treat diseases.
In a medical laboratory there are both Technicians and Technologists.
Medical technologists have more training and job responsibilities. They are often responsible for the accuracy of the tests conducted. They also conduct research work under the guidance of medical researchers.
Medical technicians work under Technologists or supervisors .They usually do routine laboratory testing manually according to instructions. Technicians set up, clean, and maintain laboratory equipment, basic preparations for use in the lab etc.
The course offered in Lab Technology
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
Bharat Sevak Samaj is the National Development Agency sponsored by the planning commission, govt. of India to ensure public co-operation for implementing Govt.plans.The main purpose behind the formulation of Bharat Sevak Samaj is to initiate a nationwide, non official and non political organization with the object of the national development plan.The constitution and functioning of Bharat Sevak Samaj is approved unanimously by the parliament.
- Anatomy & Histotechnology
- Haematology & Clinical pathology
- Introductory Biology
- Communication & Soft skills
- Computer Application
Lab Technician Training Highlights
- Physical properties, molecular structure, and typical reactions of alkanes, alkenes, and alkynes.
- Appropriate analytical procedures and collecting and reporting data, including calculating percent recovery and relative percent difference.
- Equipment used to conduct atomic absorption measurements for both conventional, or flame, and graphite furnace atomic absorption.
- Use of quality control in laboratories and how quality control affects lab operations.
- Performing an HPLC analysis: solvent preparation and delivery; sample preparation and injection; sample separation; component detection; and data processing.
- How a pH meter can be used to measure the acidity or alkalinity of a liquid and how a conductance meter can be used to measure a liquid's ability to conduct current.
- Features of a typical mass spectrum and a typical total ion chromatogram.